Thursday, November 15, 2007

Music To Our Ears!!


13 Weeks Along!!

So today was the day that we got to hear the sweetest music of all...the baby's heartbeat!

I was nervous all day because I heard a lot of stories about women's bodies not knowing that the baby had died earlier on and they discover this when they go in for the heartbeat appointment. I got to the doctor's office and they informed me that I would be seeing a different doctor because mine was out of the office sick. No problem! I had to bring a sample of my urine so they could test for protein levels and glucose levels. Everything checkout out fine :) Next was a pap smere...fun stuff. Oh well, that only took a few min then it was on to the moment of the day!! My mother in law, Diana and sister in law, Danielle were able to come to this appointment and that was really special for Brad and I! The lubricant was cold as the doctor placed the doplar on my stomach. At first we could only heart my heart beat that was steadily beating faster as I became more nervous. The doctor told me to relax because the baby was still too small to beat louder than my heartbeat so she had to "find" the baby's heartbeat. After a few seconds, she found it and I can't describe to you how sweet it sounded! The doctor informed me that the baby's heartbeat was strong and was beating a healthy 169 beats per min (give or take)! My mother-in-law was able to grab this short video that captured the moment so I could email it to my family and friends that were not able to be there! I swear I have seen this video dozens of times and I wish there was more to hear!! At least I get to hear this every doctors appointment :)