
36 Weeks Along! (9th month mark!!)
Today we had our 9th month doctor appointment. My weight is increasing to astronomical numbers (148.5 pounds), my blood pressure was perfect, my protein & glucose levels are negative like they should be, but my uterus on the other hand, refuses to increase in size so we have to have yet ANOTHER ultrasound! I swear I have seen Andrew more times than I have seen some family members…I consider myself lucky for that however :) I am measuring 31cm and I should be around 36cm. My next ultrasound appointment is next Monday the 28th so I will be sure to let you know what comes of that.
I also had to get screened for Group B Streptococcus today…basically I was violated down there with a cotton swab. I’ll let your imagination take that one :) She also checked my cervix for any dilation or effacing (thinning)…I am happy to report that I am locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Funny thing is, even though there is no dilation yet, I could still have him tomorrow if he wanted to come out. The same goes if I was dilated; I could be dilated for weeks and still go to my due date…so it really doesn’t matter what they find when they check, there are other signs you have to watch out for. He’ll come when he’s good and ready :) I have been doing pretty well overall, I just get pretty tired during the day and I don’t sleep that well at night. I can never get comfortable because I am restricted to sleeping only on my sides so my hips get pretty sore and I am up a million times too pee. The joy of swelling hits me if I don't hydrate myself or if it's too hot. I have also been getting a TON of Braxton Hicks Contractions. These are pretty much like practice contractions to prepare your body for the real ones to come. They don’t hurt like the real ones but they are uncomfortable. They also don’t come as frequent as the real contractions. Last night I had 7 in an hour span ranging from about 5 to 10 min apart from each other. I called the nurse advice line just to be sure everything was normal and she told me that it’s pretty common this far along in pregnancy to experience these. She did tell me to make sure I hydrate myself well, eat small and frequent meals, and to watch over-exerting myself because not doing so could set them off. She also told me that I am considered full term so if I was to go into labor, they would not give me medication to stop it.
This is my last week at work…WOOHOO!! I also have my family/friends baby shower coming up on Saturday, which I am very excited about! Time to start the psychotic pregnancy woman dance of re-arranging the entire house to make way for baby Dent! 4 more weeks and counting!!
