Thursday, September 13, 2007

The hCG Level Scare

4 Weeks Along!!

I made it through work somehow without going completely insane. I needed my test results asap! I had a meeting with one of the managers at work and I noticed that I had a missed call. I check my voice mail and it was a nurse called me about my results. I called her back immediately and she informed me that my levels had only increased to 333. They should of doubled (which would have been around 452)…let me forewarn you. She is another “wonderful” nurse like Cindy. She told me that since my levels didn’t double I should be concerned and I should prepare myself to loose this baby. She then proceeded to tell me that some babies shouldn’t be brought to term because they never developed correctly early on. Um…did she seriously tell me this so early on in pregnancy?? I of course started to sob like the girl I am and she tried to be comforting to me and told me to be strong…yea. Right. I made another appointment to get my blood tested on Saturday the 15th and was told that if my levels didn’t double, I should be really concerned. I got off the phone in complete hysterics and called Brad. He wished he could of said something to me to make me feel better, but there was nothing he could say. I called Brandon (my personal medical guide) and he immediately did what he does best and called every doctor he knows. Basically, they all came back with the unanimous decision that the nurse I spoke with was whacked and she should be reported. This made me feel a little bit better, but not completely. I remember falling to my knees in tears and praying to God (not something I do often) that we are able to keep this baby. We wanted this child so much! We were supposed to make the big announcement to Brad’s parents tonight, but I honestly didn’t feel like doing it. I talked to my mom about it and she convinced me to tell them still. We surprised them by wrapping up little binkis in a blue and pink box. They were so happy it made me forget about all the drama we were dealing with.

Saturday came and went and I went in for my blood test. I called for my results exactly 3 hours after I had the blood drawn because that is when they said it would be ready. I told her, “No offense, but I had a really bad experience with a nurse and it would mean a lot to me if you didn’t give me your personal opinion. Just tell me the results please.” She was fine with that and said my levels were at 672…they MORE THAN DOUBLED from Thursday’s reading!! WOOOHOOO!! So far so good!! Now the wait was on to get an ultrasound and see if the pregnancy was eptopic or not…