Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bring on the fat pants!!

So last night I went shopping for something I was hoping I could just avoid all together…maternity clothes. Just the thought of “maternity clothes” makes me think of 1990 and huge pants that go way beyond your belly and sit under your boobs and big moo-moo type shirts with a huge bow on the belly…not a pleasant thought when you are 25 and still somewhat conscious about your clothing choices. I decided that I was tired of worrying about whether or not my underwear was showing because I couldn’t button my pants for a month or so and had to just buy sweaters that were longer to cover the exposed areas. The first store I tried was Khol’s. Just FYI, they have maybe two racks of maternity clothes and they are all pretty much created for women who “carry in the back” if you know what I mean, basically for women who are completely opposite of me. I tried to keep an open mind and tried on the smallest size they had. The second I tried them on, I turned around in the mirror only to discover that I looked like I had a huge dump in my pants! There was WAY too much room in the butt area…not gonna happen! Not to waste a trip to Khol’s, I immediately went to the Disneyland area that is their baby department! Right away, I knew I needed restraints so I called in my sister in law Danielle to help me keep a lid on buying stuff for Andrew and to help me focus on the task at hand…my fat pants. We continued on to Target and I saw their maternity section was at least ten times the size of Kohl’s, surely I would be able to find something! Like a ray of sunshine, there they were…size 2 maternity pants, the smallest size I have ever seen in my fat pants quest! I grabbed as many different sized 2 pants as I could for fear that other small pregnant ladies would come in there while I was trying them on and take them all (a common fear I’m sure). I finally got the pants on and this rush of ecstasy came over me…I have found my fat pants and I won’t ever give them up! Why had I not bought them sooner?? Ladies, don’t deny yourself the pleasure of elastic waistbands! Brad will be lucky if I ever go back to regular pants :)