Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm here for my checkup, Doctor!

24 Weeks Along (6 month mark!)

Today we had a routine doctor’s appointment and everything checked out excellent! Andrew’s heartbeat was a steady 145-150 beats per min, my blood pressure was in the normal range, the doctor measured my belly length and it measured 24cm from top to bottom (which she said was perfect), and my weight was steadily increasing (to numbers I have never ever seen in my life), but a wise woman once told me, “You’re not getting fat, you’re growing a baby”!

The nurse informed me that next doctor’s appointment I will be given the dreaded glucose screening test (which tests me for gestational diabetes) Basically, you have to drink this insanely disgusting thick, sugary drink and then they take your blood exactly one hour later too see how well your body does with processing sugar. The nurse also let me in on a little secret…to ask for the lemon/lime flavor because that is the "best" one. We shall see how all that goes in four weeks :)