Sunday, February 10, 2008

I will miss you grandpa!


Taken too soon in life, my grandfather Larry Pannattoni entered Heaven early this Sunday morning. I will miss everything about him and I will miss everything he could have been to our son. He was an amazing man and I will forever cherish his talks about life, money, and love. I was so lucky to have the time that I did have with him and I tried to tell him that every time I talked to him…but I can’t shake the want and need of just one more hug…one more talk…one more time to hear him laugh.

I thank God for who I still have in my family and my extended Dent & Hill family. I know Andrew will be loved tremendously and I can’t wait for him too feel the love that a grandparent and great grandparent (and hopefully he is lucky enough to still have great-great grandparents) have to give.

I thought it was appropriate to cite an email Grandpa sent me that really had a positive influence on my life and I read it often...maybe Andrew can learn from it one day!

"Life is complex and the more knowledge you have the better you will do financially and otherwise. Concentrate on reading, writing and arithmetic (no new news on this topic) to set your foundation. Then take business and some finance classes---accounting, economics all good for you. Ingest and enjoy. Don't go to pass the courses, go to learn the courses and the material. As you accumulate some assets, pay for some expert advise. You won't have all the answers. Balance your life but make sacrifices for the future. Work hard and also play hard. There will be ups and downs but focus on what you can do going forward, not what you didn't do in the past. Be positive and stay away from the negative. Be firm, be tenacious and be all you can be. Don't take BS and kick butt."
-Larry Pannattoni