26 weeks and 1 day along!
Tonight we attended the Safe From Harm/Infant CPR class. And by “we” I mean Grandma Dent, Grandpa Lagana, Auntie Breanne, Daddy and Mommy…we can safely assume this baby is going to be well taken care of :) We learned how to baby proof our home and general safety guidelines. After the safety section, we learned a bit of Infant CPR and what to do in certain situations. We all got to practice on plastic babies and I had taken a CPR class before and I was surprised too see how much came back to me after ten years. Basically, if an infant is unconscious, you tap on the bottom of their foot to try and rouse them. If no response, put your ear close to their mouth and watch their chest for any breaths. If no breaths are made, tilt their head back slightly and breathe two short breaths into their mouth (be sure to enclose their nose and mouth with your mouth) then do 30 chest compressions with your pointer finger and middle finger. Do this until help arrives or until baby begins to breathe on its own.
Scary stuff to think about but I would definitely recommend taking a course in this no matter how old your children are!
