Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Class #3: Newborn Care

27 weeks and 1 day along!

Tonight we attended a newborn care class and learned how breastfeeding works, how to diaper and swaddle a baby, how often we should be feeding it, and how often it should poop or pee during a day’s span…(let me tell you how interesting THAT fact is). We also learned that newborn babies sleep on average 15-20 hours a day and eat on average 5-8 hours a day…impressive, isn’t it? I wish I could live the life of a newborn :) You should of seen Brad change a diaper and then swaddle the baby! I was so impressed! He put that plastic baby right down on the table, flung off the “poopy” diaper, and with a quickness had a new one on! He then expertly wrapped the baby like a cute little burrito…ok, so maybe not the first time around, but he definitely got it quickly! Brad also learned all of the different ways to hold a baby such as the football hold and cradle. Even though the baby was plastic, I couldn’t help but to imagine the real thing coming sooner that later and how good of a dad he is going to be!