30 weeks and 3 days along!!
Tonight we attended (yes, I said we) a breastfeeding class! Brad didn’t really want to go for fear that he would be the only male there, but he is such a good husband & daddy that he sucked it up and went anyway. It turned out that there was only one girl without a male support so it worked out good for Brad. We learned tons of stuff that we didn’t already know and I was so proud of Brad because the instructor asked a question and Brad raised his hand and knew the correct answer…WITHOUT me prompting him even! I’m so proud! We watched a video and saw that babies instinctually know where to go to nurse! The video would show a mom bare-chested and her baby laying on her chest. The newborn would then “bob” his head down towards the nipple and actually move into correct position all on his own and begin to nurse! It was truly amazing too see nature at work! Brad was also surprised too see how much he really can help even if we are nursing Andrew and not using a bottle yet. The instructor recommended that dad can help by getting up when the baby cries, changing his diaper, and bringing him to me in bed so I can feed him and then Brad can take him back to his crib after cuddling and soothing Andrew. Brad loves his cuddle time, so I am sure he will be more than happy to do this on the weekends when he doesn’t have to work. I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful man that cares so much about his family to want to learn all he can before his son gets here :)
