
32 weeks and 2 days along!!
Today we had our ultrasound appointment to make sure Andrew was growing properly because I measured a few centimeters smaller than I should at this point of pregnancy. I am happy to report that Andrew has the head of a baby that is around 34 weeks along and a body that measures that of a baby around 32 weeks along. Overall, he measured as a baby that is 32 weeks and 5 days along…which is right where he should be. The tech showed me a chart where they take the measurements of a large baby and the measurements of a small baby and Andrew’s measurements were right smack in the middle. He’s in the 50th percentile for his age. She estimates him to be around 4 pounds and 7 ounces right now and considering he should be gaining about ½ a pound a week from now on, he should be a good-sized baby the day he comes out. Oh, another thing the tech noticed…he has a FULL head of hair!! Like hair blowing in the amniotic breeze, full head of hair! She said he will probably need his first haircut right away! She also told me how he was positioned. Right now he is head down, faced away from my back. His butt is on my left side and his feet and legs are positioned on my right side stretching out my side muscles. He’s kind of like in a big V shape. Hopefully he will rotate to face my back before he tries to come out! Anything can still happen but I am confident that Andrew is going to be a happy, healthy baby and I seriously can’t wait too finally meet the little kick boxer that has been doing kung-fu in my belly for so long!
