Friday, May 2, 2008

Wait a minute…What is that?!

37 weeks and 4 days along!!

I will try to spare you the gruesome details, but basically I was going to the restroom and I looked into the bowel to discover what I can only imagine as being my mucus plug (The mucus plug seals the cervix and is one of the first signs of starting the long process of labor). It pretty much looked like a big glob of egg whites (again, sorry about being graphic). I called the labor & delivery nurses and they told me that was probably what it was. She also said that labor could start tomorrow or could still be a couple of weeks. Once I have what’s called a bloody show (blood tinged discharge), I can expect labor to start within three-seven days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up…labor is imminent :)