Monday, September 10, 2007

Holy Smokes!! Is this normal???

4 Weeks Along!!

So I had already been reading up on pregnancy and the many fun things it had in store for me before I was even pregnant. Our friends Brandon and Rachelle had been trying for a baby for almost 2 years so I figured it would take some time for us also. I got off birth control before October because I wanted to get my periods regulated so we could plan out when I would be ovulating. A month went by and I was slightly disappointed that one didn't "sneak by the goal post" but it had only been a month so I couldn't be too upset. The joy of Aunt Flow had visited August 13th, 2007. This month I decided not to worry about conceiving and let nature take its course. "It would happen when it was meant to happen" I was supposed to get my next visit from Aunt Flow September 14, 2007. The Monday prior to my monthly “visitor”, I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep and out of no where, WHAM! The worst cramps I have ever felt in my life suddenly became apparent to me! I was buckling over in pain! It felt as though my uterus was desperately trying to make a jail break. I just had a feeling that this wasn’t right at all. Brad was frantically looking up symptoms of a miscarriage on WebMD and trying to sooth me and my fears at the same time. Not knowing what was happening to me, I desperately called my Doctor. I had some pain medication left over from my lumpectomy this year so he told me to take a couple of those and to come into the office in the morning to run some blood tests. Finally the pain went away enough for me to get some sleep. I called my boss and told her about my cramps and that I needed to take a personal day off work to take care of myself.